Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sequence editor complete

Just when you thought this was all vaporware ...



One piece of the GUI, the Sequence Editor, is functionally complete. It's a pretty simple widget that exposes the Sequence data structure to the user and allows them to insert and remove patterns and assign tracks to patterns. I've tried to do this "the right way" as much as possible, using Qt4's nice MVC features to cleanly separate the GUI from the underlying logic.

It's not very pretty yet. At the very minimum I need to style the first column so that it's clear that the first column is pattern numbers and the rest of the columns are track IDs.

At this point I've overcome some of my initial Qt inertia (I'm not an expert at it by any means, but I've gotten the hang of it). Next up is exposing the track grid to the user. At that point, I'll probably have enough functionality in place to create the play button and get one step closer to real-time note playing.

If you're interested, according to sloccount the source repository has just surpassed 1000 lines of code. A milestone!

1 comment:

  1. congrats on the 1000 lines! seriously looking forward to this!

    you rock!

    ReplyDelete